Creating a form
To get started with creating forms in Clive, visit the Forms area and click Create a Form. In the form edit screen, configure the following options:
- Form Name - Enter a name for your form. This name will be used to identify the form within Clive.
- Heading - Enter a title for your form. This title will be displayed in the final rendered form as a heading above the form fields.
- Label Position - Choose whether you'd like form field labels to appear at the Top of or to the Left of each field.
- Form Submit Action - Choose whether to display a completion Message or Redirect to a URL (must be fully-qualified, ex. https://www.example.com) when visitors submit the form.
- Email Responder - If you form includes an Email field, you can choose a responder email to send to visitors who submit the form.
- Include Captcha - Reduce spam form submissions by enabling Captcha verification to submit your form.
- Notify people when this form is filled out - Select users in your site or provide the email address(es) of people to be notified by email when someone completes the form.
Adding form fields
Add fields to your form with the Add Field button. Choose a field Type (if you have any Custom Fields saved, they'll appear at the bottom of the list) and enter a Label for the field.
For some field types, you may see additional options:
- Placeholder - Use this to provide an example value or help text.
- Values / Default Value (for radios, checkboxes, dropdowns, and multiple selection fields)
When editing a field you'll see the following actions (represented by icons) in the top-right corner. From left to right they are:
- Reorder (drag handle) - Drag and drop fields to reorder them in the form.
- Delete (trash can) - Delete the current field.
- Save as Custom Field (floppy disk) - Save the current field along with its settings as a Custom Field that can be reused in other forms.
- Conditional Field Settings (gear) - Opens settings to show the field conditionally based on a value in another field.
- Required (toggle) - Make the field required to submit the form.
When finished, click Update to save your field changes.
Reordering form fields
If you need to reposition a form field, you can drag and drop it into place with the drag handle to the left of the field.
Once your form is created, you can copy the Form Embed Code on the form preview screen and paste it into the body source code of your page. The code snippet should look something like this:
<script async data-clive-id="##" data-clive-type="form" src="https://live.clive.cloud/forms/##/embed"></script>
Alternatively, if your site content is managed in Cascade CMS, you can use the Clive integration to select and embed your form in a WYSIWYG editor directly from the interface.