Any custom fields that you wish to use in a form, must first be created by an Administrator in Custom Fields.
- Under the Administration area, click "Custom Fields"
- At the right, click "+ Create Custom Field"
- Give your Custom Field a name. This is the name that will appear in the drop-down menu for Fields in Forms and also will, by default, be the Label Name for the field (the field name that appears on the Form itself).
- Choose a Field Type (explained below). If "Add Value" options appear, go to the next item. If not, click "Create" and your Custom Field will be created.
- Click "Add Value" to add a new item choice to the Custom Field. Each item choice may be tied to a campaign, where if a Lead chooses that field option, they will be put into that campaign.
- Click "Create"
Field Types Explained
Text - Creates a short, one-line text box for short answers (Note: Answers are not required to be short, there is no character limit for this box, but it would be best used for short text responses)
Radio Button - For use with multiple options, uses a radio button to indicate preference.
Drop-down - Like the Field Type Selector itself, this type creates a drop-down list of the Added Values.
Checkbox - Another type for use with multiple options where selections are made with a checkbox.
Text Area - Creates a large text box
Multi-select - For use with Multiple options where multiple selections may be made.